Sunday, October 17, 2010

Gluten FREE Potato Pancakes Test Batch #1

So I haven't had potato pancakes in ages(before I went gluten free for sure,) and I felt that a rainy day like today, with my Chargers losing, I'm long over due. Now this was only a test batch and thus I don't have exact measurements yet. However, by the time I perfect the recipe I will reveal correct measurements. So let's get into it, Shall we?


Ingredients

  • 1 cup GF All Purpose Baking Flour  
  • 1/2 tbsp Xanthan Gum  
  • 1.25 cup Whole Milk  
  • 4 Eggs  
  • 4 Tb Butter, melted  
  • 2 Tbsp. Tapioca Flour  
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Powder  
  • 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
  • 1/4 tsp. Chipolte Powder  
  • 1 Tb Jalapeno, minced  
  • 1/2 Medium Onion, Minced  
  • 16 Red Potatoes, grated or shredded
  • 1 Garnet Yam, Shredded(could substitute w/carrot if desired)  

Whisk or beat all ingredients except for the onion, potato, and yam together in a large mixing bowl. When well mixed add the rest of the ingredients and fold in until it is all well mixed. Set aside and allow to rest while the griddle heats up to 350F. When griddle is nice and hot, give the batter a final few turns and spoon about .25 to .33 cup for each pancake, flattening it out on the griddle. cook for about two minutes per side initially, and another 1 min per side after that. Place cooked pancakes on platter and cover with foil while you cook the rest of the batter.

Serve with sour cream, applesauce, or if you really want to get fancy you can cook up some spiced sliced apples beforehand. You could also serve with some of our Grilling Sensations-Mango Ginger Sauce or some of our delicious hot sauces.


Now I thought these turned out pretty good(but not great.) For my taste they definitely need some more punch, so I will add more jalapeno, chipotle, salt, and onion next time. Until then,
Enjoy, God Bless, and Keep it Saucey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment